Zeiss to Bryan

OK, I just had to do that, as someone interested in cameras (Carl Zeiss) and American history (William Jennings Bryan) I have always in my mind transposed the name of these two National Parks, Bryce and Zion.

We made the eighty mile trip between the two parks relatively quickly, I did, afterall, promise that Utah State Patrolman not to speed, and got here by mid-morning.

This park, Zion, gave me something we had not gotten at either the Grand Canyon or Bryce, the view from the bottom, and the park is, in its own way, different than the other two. For one thing we have moved away from the high desert of the other two to pine forests. We did a shorter walk than usual and then got onto the shuttle to hit a few other stops. More tomorrow.





-->






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment