Into the Great Basin

 I write this as I try to rouse myself from a food induced coma caused by The Star Hotel Basque Family Dining in Elko, Nevada. This was actually our second visit, the first having been in 2006 when we took Anna off to college in Fort Collins, Colorado. If you are ever within 400 miles, it's worth the detour.

We began the day in Fernly, having decided to visit Pyramid Lake which we have passed no fewer than five times going back and forth across the west. Sharon, tired from the previous day's activities, warned me that she wanted a low exertion day, which meant for me a lot time to take pictures.

But first Fernly had a couple of images to offer in an old corner of the town near an abandoned railroad trestle.



My favorite river, the Truckee, feeds Pyramid lake, so I had to detour for a couple more images

And then on to the lake


Not a lake shot, but this gate caught my attention

And the Pyramid, much of the road around the lake was unpaved so this was as close as we got to the  pyramid.

Tomorrow we traverse the Great Basin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment