Sunday in Manhattan

Generally speaking my New York workweeks get me into the city Sunday evening and I depart Friday evening or Saturday morning.  It leaves little time for touristing other than in the neighborhood (near the Grammercy Park/Flatiron District.  And since I love the streetscape wandering here is just fine.

But this trip we are doing Exhibition of the sale and that brought me in on Friday for the Saturday opening and left me a free day to wander.  My first thoughts turned to Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum with its new American and Islamic wings. And that's what I might have done had the weather been crummy.

But yesterday it stormed and in the way of New York weather, that gave us a gorgeous day.  Besides I had a date for Shanghai dumplings with my cousin Erin's husband Marc.  So after brunch we wandered down to the Battery.  Now Marc is and accomplished photographer, so we stopped to shoot and while he had fun with his Leica I whipped out my iPhone and continued to shoot even after we went our separate ways.

It was a lovely day in the city and here are a few random views.  Hope you enjoy as much as I did.














And, of course, I need to give you yet another link to The catalogue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment