the penguin: the journey continues For the past three weeks the penguins (note the plural—more on that later), Danny Aarons and Rick Propas, have been laboring in the studio preparing our biggest site refresh in several years. You will of course, find the usual Pelikans, Parkers, and Montblancs on the site. We have added a bunch of modern Italian pens from OMAS and Visconti, some vintage and modern Eversharps, and much more . . . Have a look for yourself And, we will be adding more pens on a regular basis throughout the holiday season. Despite all this hard work, we still have more pens in inventory than on the website, including affordable Montblancs and modern Parkers so contact us if you are looking for anything in particular we both have a wide variety of pens not yet listed. Rick Danny And after the New Year look for more exciting news from the penguin
About twelve years ago I discovered Pelikan pens after having collected fountain pens for about fifteen years. My first Pelikan was a newly released blue M800 and I soon came to vintage Pelikans, appreciating not just their workmanship but the history of the Günther Wagner firm behind them. I made my first visit to Hannover to worship at the fount of all things Pelikan almost four years ago and as soon as we made plans to be in Germany again this year, I got in contact with the Pelikan archivist Jürgen Dittmer, who had been so welcoming last time and made plans to visit him and asked it this time I might also visit the production facility for current pens (and, in fact, all the company’s products) at Peine, about thirty kilometres east of Hannover. To make the trip complete, I decided to book Sharon and me into the Sheraton Pelikan, a rather pricey four star hotel, better than we usually allow ourselves. The hotel has adaptively reused the old Pelikan plant that dated back to the la...
Comments