Madrid Pen Show and Old Town


Saturday was our first full day in Madrid and most of it was spent at the pen show. Some of you may recognize friends.



Gerhard Brandl, one of my closest German pen friends

The irrepressible Tom Westerich

I was greatly pleased to see Moishe who has not been to an Americna show for several years
Quatro Americani and a Brit in the background
I was greatly pleased to meet in person for the first time, Alfredo Longoria, whose commitment to Pelikans is as great as my own and who actually has one of the few pens I long for and do not have.
During siesta time, 13:00 to 17:00, we escaped the hotel and decided to head for the old town and Plaza Mayor, though we did not quite get to the plaza. For your viewing pleasure a few images.



J

Not all the street signs are as cool as this one




On Saturday shopping day the street life is . . . amusing
And finally, some pens, these in a trade with Tom

These are, by the way, available.

But the one below, an oversize Williamson in red definitely is not! This has been on my shortlist for many years.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment