Pronghorn Antelope!!

On occasion a geyser will build a dome, like this one


Tuesday, September 25 was another low key day after an intense Monday. Mostly we drove, going north to West Thumb past Old Faithful and on to the Firehole Lake Great Fountain Geyser which features a fairly uncommon dome type geyser. From there we continued north through the Dunraven Pass past Tower Roosevelt and to the Lamar Valley, one of the less heavily visited areas of the park. 

There we had the fine good fortune to experience a Bison Jam (not a flavor, but a traffic incident). 

And on the way back we encountered a herd of Pronghorn Antelope, not commonly seen. Apologies for the quality of antelope images. Throughout the trip I had rather mocked the tourists taking pictures of scenery using what I derisively referred to as “big-ass” lenses. I stand by that, but my 300mm telephoto (digitally enhanced to 1200 mm) and attached to my old camera was not up to this job. I will be getting a second GX8 and a 1000 mm lens soon. I guess we’ll have to come back.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment