Bastille Day

This car above all else!


When we came out of the hotel this morning I was surprised to see the coupe sitting at the curb since I had not called for it as we planned to walk to brunch and the Portland Art Museum, so I asked the valet. Turns out it had been there since our return yesterday afternoon.

You guessed it . . . No one could drive a manual transmission.

From there brunch and then the museum. During breakfast I had noted a number of very fancy cars driving past and wondered what they were up to.

We found out. They were parked outside PAM as part of the SCM 1000 Rally.



This is not, of course, an original, but it is an AC, one of the continuation models from, I think, the 1990s.

The French thing: a modern Bugatti and a Citroen Deux Chevaux


Finally we made it into the museum for the Paris 1900 exhibit.


The French Thing Part Deux: a frieze depicting the end of an early car race. See how neatly we tied all the day's themes together?

My favorite image from the exhibition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment