Pens & Knives


Can’t just talk the talk, sometimes you gotta walk the walk, so I went out on Saturday to the Portland Pen Round-up and got a couple of nice pieces, a Montblanc 149 and a black Pelikan 140. Both will be restored and offered.

From there I went to my favorite knife shop, Hawthorne Cutlery. I have gotten to know the owner David Rapoport over the years and we are of an age, so we spent some time catching up before getting down to business, which landed me three knives and taught me a somewhat greater appreciation of good automatics.   

Ended up the day with dinner with a friend.

All in all a good day.

The round-up. It was great seeing some old friends and meeting new folks. Always enjoy this show.


The day's catch. 1980s Montblanc 149, black Pelikan 140. A Pro-Tech pre-ban ivory handled switchblade (aka automatic), not sure who made the stag handled automatic in the middle, but it is nicely done, and the catch of the day, a dual action carbon fiber small gents knife with an ingenious mechanism by a maker new to me, William Tuch. He does full customs that are exquisite enough that I am considering one if I can sell enough pens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment