First Week

Well, we have finished our first week of formal classes. Tomorrow is our "field trip" course, formally Anthro 160. That will comprise an historical walking tour of the city, a visit to the Roman Baths, and, finally a reception with the mayor.

As I may have mentioned, my wife Sharon is along on the trip, but telecommuting half time at Stanford. This afternoon marked the end of her workweek, so we treated ourselves to a walkaround. I managed to score a couple of bottles of ink (blue Quink and Lamy turquoise), saw one pen that I probably should not have passed up (a postwar #4 Swan twist filler for £43. And got a couple of decent shots.
Inside the main vault of Bath Abbey.
These shots were made at twilight and only slightly adjusted in Preview. The S5 continues to amaze me with its capabilities.

Comments

Alabamapenman said…
My wife and I were last there in 1973. I have a picture of the bridge on the wall in my study. I remember a small park just downstream with shrubbery shaped in the form of teddy bears (Paddington Bears?) and I wonder if that is still there?
Alabamapenman

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment