4th of July in Ashland

It's been about twenty-five years since we have experienced a small town 4th of July parade (the last was in Elko, Nevada, it's long story).

So we were particularly happy to be here this morning.

Waiting for the parade to start. We managed to find a good spot and the person next to us had two extra charis which she offered us.

Some folks were more ready than others

Nice family grouping, in color

Sharon dubbed them the Sheikh of Araby and his Consort. I thought she was hot

It starts

The obligatory local politicians in borrowed cars


For my money Senator Ron Wyden had the best car



Not entirely sure . . .

I keep telling myself I am too old to be taking what my brother-in-law calls "honey shots," but she was on the parade route


Not so wicked witch

See above comment


Love seeing gated horses in parades, even if they are handsful for riders

Sidewalk skiffle band, The 4th seems to be the apogee for street musicians and street kids.

This chap was determined to save us

Opposite him a piper. He lost. Afterwards, I suggested that she might have played Amazing Grace for us, she agreed.
And tonight we see Two Gentlemen of Verona. The productions this year have been even better than usual, especially Richard the Third and The Tempest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment