A Hot Summer Day

As I write, it's 1:50 and the temperature is 96. Too hot to workout, I tells myself, and besides today is to be a reading and writing day. I've been waiting a week to start Netherland, but catching up on repairs has been first priority.













Earlier this week I started in on the first year pen article for Stylus , now I want to get into it, but first, I just gotta play with the tortoise M800s. I've never seen or heard of this many of them in one place.














When it comes to it, though, what to read? The Failed Empire is an important book for those who study Soviet-American relations, which I still sort of do, but far more interesting are Katie Roiphe's Uncommon Arrangements on the subject of marriage. But it's too hot to worry about marriage, especially if you have been married for 37 years. I do need to review the Vac book for The Pennant, but that will wait.




In the end it's Netherland. And so we have:
A Portrait of The PENguin as a Midsummer Dog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment