The Flight of The PENguin Continues

OK, before we go any further, let me make one thing perfectly clear. As a Californian, I firmly believe that no place on earth is as beautiful as my home state and that no coastline is as pretty. With my loyalty thus affirmed, let's continue.

Yesterday took us from Gold Beach, Oregon to just north of the Columbia in Long Beach, Washington along some of the most spectacular coastline scenery in the world (see disclaimer above). Everytime I come up to the Portland show by car, I drive this and wonder at the beauty and, time permitting wander the beaches, and play in the tidepools, depending on the time of day and the tides. This year our timing was off to see much by way of the abundant marine life, but I did get to play around with the camera. The S5 continues to amaze me especially with its telephoto ability.

There is not much I can say to improve the scenery, so I shall let the images speak for themselves.
















A bit further north, this lovely stroll would lead us down to a beautifully rocky beach














If my obsession is with pens, two generations of the Weiss women have wanted driftwood.









The day ended, however, with a bit of unneeded drama. Over dinner, which was razor clams, another delicacy of the Oregon coast, but a bit overly breaded and overcooked, Sharon remembered (long story, short) that both of us had managed to forget our passports, now necessary, in the name of homeland security, to visit Canada.

Getting them up here will take another day, giving us a chance to visit with Anna Lawson, editor extraordinaire in Bellingham, just an hour from the border.

Today will feature a short five hour drive to Bellingham.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment