A Day with old friends in Palm Desert


The main purpose of our visit to Palm Desert was to see Beverly and Al Lieberman who were my parents’ closest friends here. The plan was to meet them for lunch after a quick early morning business meeting. In between we would cross the valley to quickly tour Joshua Tree National Monument.

Well the meeting took longer than we thought and by the time we finished it was mid morning and temperatures had climbed and Joshua Tree was an hour away. We’d have time only to get there and turn around—no walk, no photos.

Plan B took us back up Highway 74. Apart from the heat, it got up as high as 95º yesterday, the day was glorious and here are a few images.

I would think that I am getting better with the new camera, but it’s hard to photograph this scenery badly. My apology for the lens smudge. It’s been a while since I’ve worked with interchangeable lenses (note to self: cleanliness . . .)








It was wonderful to see BevnAl. After my parents death Bev pledged to be my substitute mommy and I think of them often. Although we’ve fallen out of regular contact the past few years, as with all old friends we were able to pick up where we left off.

Today it’s off to Las Vegas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment