Rounding Third



Wednesday brought us back around toward home as we covered 550 miles from Casa Grande to Tonopah, Nevada, an old mining town.

The route took us past Vegas where we began and along the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Obviously we did not have a lot of time for sightseeing, but I continue to be fascinated by the blossoming desert and so I stopped at midmorning to snap a few images. 






By the time we got to Tonopah hotels were pretty booked up, but we managed to snag one of the last rooms at the 1907 Mizpah Hotel, and I got a few casual snaps of the town and hotel.





Tomorrow, a stroll down memory lane as we take three days at Lake Tahoe, where I spent several summers in my youth, where my parents had some property and where Sharon and I were married.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Scotland, Slowly

A New Consignment